Data & Privacy Programme Manager
Since our launch in 2009, Puregym has been pioneering the model for high-quality, affordable and flexible fitness. Our mission to inspire healthier nations has led us to become the UK's favourite gym and now an international success story, currently operating across Denmark, Switzerland, the USA, Saudi Arabia and UAE with many more to come!
We are driven by the passionate people of PureGym, who create brilliant environments for our members and the communities we serve. Our unique "Everybody Welcome" approach provides a friendly, warm and welcoming environment for our members and our ambition to double in size over the next few years gives a great opportunity for our teams to grow and accelerate their careers
- Gym membership for you + 1
- Hybrid Working or Remote Working
- Personal private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Company pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Additional personal day off
- Holiday purchase scheme up to an additional week.
We are seeking a seasoned and highly skilled Data & Privacy Programme Manager to support data management policies and processes across the PureGym Group across UK, Denmark & Switzerland.This role requires strong background and expertise in Privacy & Data compliance and the ability to balance this with commercial objectives.
About the Team
Our legal team plays a pivotal role in helping the organisation navigate legal complexities, protect its interests, and make informed decisions. You'll be working across all areas of the business in particular Gym Teams and Marketing.
As a Data Program Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and orchestrating a portfolio of data-related projects and initiatives. You will play a critical role in driving the strategic use of data to achieve business objectives, improve processes, and support informed decision-making across the organisation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all data subject access requests (DSARs) across the Group
- Guardian of all data policies and processes
- Act as the key point of contact as Data Protection Officer in the business
- Maintain the relationship with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in the UK and equivalent offices locally
- Own data privacy strategy to drive consistency and reduce risk across the Group
- Proven experience in data program management or related roles. Having worked within a customer facing brand.
- Strong understanding of data and privacy regulations and best practice.
- Excellent project management skills, well organised and a practical problem solver with a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently
- Willingness to read around the subject and bring practical considerations/relevant updates to the management
- Experience of working with Data Processing Agreements and terms and conditions relating to the use of data preferred but not essential.
- Make a difference. Excite and inspire others. ‘Own it’ and be the best we can be.
- Stand Shoulder to Shoulder. Collaborate and share with each other. Include everyone and embrace uniqueness.
- Focus on the detail. Care about the little things. Have determination and resilience to get the job done.
- Play to Win. Improve and innovate – never get complacent. Challenge ourselves and each other. Celebrate our success.
PureGym is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Our company mantra is ‘Everybody Welcome’ and we are dedicated to promoting a diverse and inclusive place to work. From a hiring standpoint, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to ensuring that our PureGym colleagues reflect the diversity of the nation as well as our millions of gym members we serve.
- Pay Type Salary