Pinglestone Farm operative - seasonal
Job Title: Seasonal Harvest Farm Operative
Location: Pinglestone Farm
Contract Type: Seasonal
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours
Salary: £11.44 – £13.97
Vitacress Salads are now recruiting for a Seasonal Farm Worker in our Pinglestone Farm. Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will assist in the growing, harvesting and maintenance operations whilst following company guidelines.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities include:
- Perform general farm duties as instructed by your manager, these may include, bed cleaning & levelling, planting, fertiliser application, rolling, harvesting, chipping and general farm husbandry.
- Complete any paperwork that is required in the day to day needs of the farm, eg check sheets etc.
- Assist in implementing any new production methods which aim to improve the efficiency of the farm.
- Ensure all assets are maintained and utilised efficiently and maintain the production areas, buildings and environs in a serviceable, tidy and weed free state.
- Always observe company Health & Safety and Environment Policy requirements.
- When required, to help with the production on other UK sites.
- Ensure that the quality of water entering and discharging from the growing beds meets the agreed criteria and ensure compliant with EA discharge consents through the effective utilisation and maintenance of settlement facilities.
- Work as a team member and instil a positive approach in the workplace
You will be working on the farm 40 hours per week across 5 days, and there is guaranteed overtime during the season. This seasonal role will be working on the farm from April 2024 through to September 2024.
If you have a strong desire to come join our friendly team and are available to start in April 2024, then this is the perfect opportunity for you. You can apply easily, either click the apply now button here or contact our recruitment team at TA@Vitacress.com. We will be happy to answer any questions, so get in touch.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any sponsorship to candidates without permission to reside in the UK. Candidates are to be invited to face-to-face interview as part of our recruitment process and this cannot be facilitated with those residing outside of the UK. References will be required for all candidates.
We are one of Europe's leading suppliers of fresh produce, specialising in watercress, salads and fresh herbs.
Established in Hampshire 1951, we became part of the RAR Group in 2008. We have a proud heritage of market-leading innovation including the introduction of living herbs, and baby leaf salads, and market-defining salad leaves including bagged watercress, rocket and baby spinach. We have a wide range of customers in the UK, both under supermarket own brands and Steve's Leaves, we are branded market-leaders in Portugal and also operate in Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. We employ 1500 people across Europe. We're passionate about promoting the use of fresh produce, which is why we have introduced the Herbilicious and Wild for Watercress campaigns, as well as participating in the Make More of Salad campaign run by the British Leafy Salad Association.
We have farms in the UK, Portugal, Germany and Spain, and a global sourcing network to ensure that, no matter what the season, we supply the freshest, tastiest, healthiest, most exciting products on the market. We are determined to leave things better than we found them, and as such we have set up the Vitacress Conservation Trust to promote the well being of the unique chalk stream habitats where many of our watercress sites are based.
Please visit our sustainability section to learn more about our work and our partners.
Culture Close to the Soil
The Vitacress team has one goal; to provide the freshest, tastiest, healthiest and most exciting produce throughout the year. Inspired by our heritage and pioneering spirit, we constantly strive to bring new ideas to the market.
We win customers’ trust by delivering the best in quality, service and ethical standards. Our people care for and endeavour to protect and enhance nature, our growing business and the communities in which we work.
This translates into the company values:
Always deliver quality - We take pride in ensuring our product is of the best possible standard.
Do the right thing - From the way we grow our products, to the relationships we sustain with client, everyone knows exactly what is going on. At the centre of everything is a trust that has been built over years of excellent service.
Nurture the future - From the herbs and salads that are grown on site. To the investment in facilities and the growth of the business. We're focussed on always improving our offer and ourselves, leading the way forward.
- Job Family Agriculture
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate £11.47
- Max Hiring Rate £13.97
- Travel Required No
- Vitacress Salads Pinglestone, Pinglestone Farm, Alresford, Hampshire, United Kingdom