HGV Class 1 Summer Driver
Job Title: HGV Class 1 Summer Driver
Location: St Mary Bourne, Andover
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (May - Oct)
Hours: Various Shift Patterns Available
Salary: £15.60ph weekdays - £20.80ph weekends
Are you an experienced HGV Driver with a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to work If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a HGV Driver at Vitacress, you will play a crucial role in our Transport Team, you will be responsible for delivering finished goods to the main Regional Distribution Centre’s and collecting materials for the production operation. This role carries a great responsibility but with that comes pride and achievement, knowing that an invaluable service has been delivered.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring Vitacress Salads Limited are always represented in a positive manner, by wearing full uniform and driving with courtesy and consideration towards other road users
- Maintaining communication with the Transport Controller, Yard/Despatch Team and Customer Delivery Depots at all times
- Ensuring timesheet, tachograph, delivery paperwork and vehicle check list are all completed, handed in, in full and on time
- Managing own work pattern, time and breaks, in line with tachograph and Work Time Directive regulations
- Reporting back to the Transport Supervisor whether loads are secure, on time, and any difficulties with planned routes
- Reacting to traffic issues by re-routing the run appropriately, making all decisions in the best interests of VSL, whilst ensuring maximum optimisation of fuel
- Carrying out vehicle checks at the beginning and end of each shift, ensuring any issues are reported immediately
- Being responsible for all the equipment on the load i.e. crates, pallets, load restraints etc
- Ensuring the Health & Safety Regulations of both VSL and their Customer Delivery Depots are always adhered to, including the wearing of relevant safety clothing
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) supplied to you is always worn, kept clean and maintained and not misused
- Ensure all professional licences and photo cards are always kept up to date and available for inspection
- Inform the Transport Compliance Supervisor of any pending driving penalties or convictions
- Being proactive with regards to suggestions for continuous improvement
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks relevant to VSL when required
- Safety and accident reporting on all known vehicle defects, workplace hazards, near misses, damage to property, accidental damage and accidents involving 3rd parties
Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- 1 year experience
- Knowledge of regulations and developments in the Transport Industry
- HGV C+E licence
- Knowledge of EU regulations and Transport Working Time directive
- You need to hold a Full HGV C+E Class One licence along with a valid Driver Qualification Card (DCPC). You will ideally have held this licence for at least 1 year and have no more than 6 points on your licence.
- We require drivers who are flexible, prepared to work hard and are a good communicator
- 21 years or older
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for logistics and fresh produce, we want to hear from you. Please apply directly through our careers site or contact our Recruitment Team on TA@vitacress.com. We will be happy to answer any questions, so get in touch.
Vitacress Salads, based in leafy St Mary Bourne, Andover is one of the principal salad and watercress suppliers in the UK. With our own salad leaf farms, we take immense pride in delivering a field to fork operation. We grow, wash, pack and distribute salad and watercress for retailer own brands and our own brand Steve’s Leaves. We take pleasure in ensuring the best possible standard and we will empower you to do the same. From the way we grow our products, to the relationships we maintain with customers, everyone knows exactly what is going on. We are authentic and grounded. At the centre of everything is a trust that you can feel every day at work. From the salads that are grown on site; to the investment in facilities and the growth of the business; to growing and nurturing out talented employees, growing is truly at the heart of what we do. Join us and become a trusted partner in our
We are one of Europe's leading suppliers of fresh produce, specialising in watercress, salads and fresh herbs.
Established in Hampshire 1951, we became part of the RAR Group in 2008. We have a proud heritage of market-leading innovation including the introduction of living herbs, and baby leaf salads, and market-defining salad leaves including bagged watercress, rocket and baby spinach. We have a wide range of customers in the UK, both under supermarket own brands and Steve's Leaves, we are branded market-leaders in Portugal and also operate in Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. We employ 1500 people across Europe. We're passionate about promoting the use of fresh produce, which is why we have introduced the Herbilicious and Wild for Watercress campaigns, as well as participating in the Make More of Salad campaign run by the British Leafy Salad Association.
We have farms in the UK, Portugal, Germany and Spain, and a global sourcing network to ensure that, no matter what the season, we supply the freshest, tastiest, healthiest, most exciting products on the market. We are determined to leave things better than we found them, and as such we have set up the Vitacress Conservation Trust to promote the well being of the unique chalk stream habitats where many of our watercress sites are based.
Please visit our sustainability section to learn more about our work and our partners.
Culture Close to the Soil
The Vitacress team has one goal; to provide the freshest, tastiest, healthiest and most exciting produce throughout the year. Inspired by our heritage and pioneering spirit, we constantly strive to bring new ideas to the market.
We win customers’ trust by delivering the best in quality, service and ethical standards. Our people care for and endeavour to protect and enhance nature, our growing business and the communities in which we work.
This translates into the company values:
Always deliver quality - We take pride in ensuring our product is of the best possible standard.
Do the right thing - From the way we grow our products, to the relationships we sustain with client, everyone knows exactly what is going on. At the centre of everything is a trust that has been built over years of excellent service.
Nurture the future - From the herbs and salads that are grown on site. To the investment in facilities and the growth of the business. We're focussed on always improving our offer and ourselves, leading the way forward.
- Job Family Distribution and Logistics
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Vitacress Salads St Mary Bourne, Lower Link Farm, Lower Link, Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom