291 Dunchurch Rd, Rugby CV22 6HP, UK Req #70
22 November 2023
For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK.
The Role of Care Assistant - This is a casual (bank) position.
- As a Care Assistant; you will be asked to work when required, and will have the choice as to whether or not to accept any work that we offer you.
- As one of our highly valued relief Care Assistants, you'll be at the front line of care delivery.
- You’ll help residents with their individual care needs, such as personal care, medical care and following social interests.
- You’ll build a special bond with each resident, and give professional and emotional support during difficult times, such as periods of illness.
- Your days as a Care Assistant will be varied, interesting and rewarding by assisting residents with washing, dressing, eating, drinking and getting around. Importantly, you’ll help make them feel at home and be respectful of residents’ choices; their dignity and independence.
- You’ll also be integral to developing residents Care Plans, which includes being aware of any specialist support needs.
Pay & Benefits
- In line with your casual (bank) worker assignment agreement, we offer competitive pay that is benchmarked regularly, and in line with those of our employed staff in similar roles.
- And depending on how many hours you work, you will accrue leave at an equivalent rate of 31 days paid leave in a full calendar year, inclusive of bank/public holidays (pro rata).
- To carry out this role, you will be provided with mandatory training to get you started, as part of a comprehensive induction. To work for us in future assignments, you will be expected to keep your mandatory training up to date.
- Are you sensitive, empathetic and love to care for others? Do you enjoy building meaningful relationships and making a real difference? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Abbeyfield!
- Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking to retrain, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of care assistants.
- Don’t worry if you have no experience - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have a natural calling to care. and you'll be passionate and committed to providing exceptional care to our residents, their families and friends.
- Job Family Bank Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate £11.75
- Max Hiring Rate £11.75
This posting is inactive.
- 291 Dunchurch Rd, Rugby CV22 6HP, UK