Abbeyfield Winnersh is a dementia-friendly residential care home situated in the village of Winnersh, Wokingham. The care home is designed to allow freedom of movement throughout, flowing from one area into another.
The Role of Home Administrator
The position of Home Administrator is a permanent role covering 35 hours a week and alternate weekends. Shift times are 10am - 6pm
- You have the important role of managing administrative systems and processes to the highest standard to help our Home Manager and the team run the service both safely and effectively.
- You'll manage scheduled administration duties alongside responding to ad-hoc requests from residents, visitors, care home employees and Abbeyfield employees from other locations. You maintain and manage accurate records in relation to the management of the home relating to finance, residents and employees.
- As the face and voice of the home you welcome and assist visitors, residents and employees, providing a welcoming reception service both face to face and over the phone, either dealing with queries yourself, or directing them to the relevant person.
- You'll support your colleagues by providing an office function, covering responding to telephone calls, emails, faxes and correspondence, processing incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying and printing, filing and archiving, taking notes and producing minutes and responding to request for information.
- To enable your colleagues to work effectively and professionally, you maintain adequate supplies of stationary, forms, promotional literature, uniforms and badges and assist with the co-ordination of repairs and maintenance.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- £11.50 - £12.00 hourly rate
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- If you have strong administration skills, this job gives you the opportunity to use these strengths on a daily basis for a bigger purpose – to keep residents safe and happy.
- You must be experienced in administrative roles, and be familiar with office procedures and systems. You'll also be highly organised, and able to work using your own initiative and unsupervised.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and e mail, you must also be able to demonstrate strong numeracy and literacy skills, and be able to communicate and interact well with a wide range of people in varied situations.
This posting is inactive.