For over 60 years, Abbeyfield has been a charity that provides housing and care for elderly people across the UK.
Situated in the Sherwood district of Nottingham, Sandwood Residential Care home is a purpose built home with 31 single ensuite rooms.
This is a permanent role, covering 15 hours a week and alternate weekends.
Shift Times: 8am – 2pm & 8am – 4pm
The Role of General Assistant
- As one of our valued general assistants, you’re at the front line of care. We’re passionate about creating a lovely environment for our residents to enjoy. So you’ll help us keep our Home clean and tidy for our residents, assist with meal preparation, and welcome our many visitors.
- Every resident should enjoy a tidy and well maintained environment, clean laundry, and carefully support the Kitchen staff in preparing meals, presented to the highest standard.
- You work within the cleaning and housekeeping schedules as set by the Home Manager or Housekeeper.
- This varied role may include cleaning of the residents’ bedrooms, self-contained flats, the communal areas and offices.
- You may also assist in providing healthy and nutritious food for our residents. By keeping all kitchen and store areas clean, and following all hygienic practices you help protect our residents and keep them safe.
Pay & Benefits
At Abbeyfield, we are committed to rewarding our staff for their hard work. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- 31 days paid leave, including bank/public holidays
- Comprehensive induction
- Unlimited opportunities to earn £500 via our 'refer a friend' scheme
- Life Assurance
- Pay progression within role
- Learning and career development opportunities
- Occupational sick pay
- Company pension
- Discounted gym membership
- An employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Shop and save vouchers
- Opportunity to obtain Blue Light Card discounts
- Do you have high standards and like things to be neat and tidy? If that sounds like you, we think you’ll fit right in at Abbeyfield! Whether you’re new to the world of care or looking for a new career, we’re looking for people to join our growing team of general assistants.
- Don’t worry if you have no experience - we’ll provide you with all the training you need. What’s more important is that you have have high standards, and a natural calling to care!
- Job Family Housing & Independent Living
- Job Function 1. Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate £10.42
- Max Hiring Rate £10.52
- 700 Mansfield Rd, Sherwood, Nottingham NG5 3FS, UK